RICOH recognizes the importance of Personal Data. Therefore, RICOH exerts its best efforts to pay attention to protection of privacy on RICOH Site and buckle down to the following,
1. Effective April 1, 2013 there is an amendment to the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance in Hong Kong relating to direct marketing. In handling your personal data RICOH is committed to the full compliance of the appropriate standards and provisions of the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance.
2. A responsible manager has been appointed of RICOH where Personal Data are maintained.
3. RICOH collects Personal Data only to the extent necessary for its business, and only after informing you regarding the purpose of such collection, how to contact RICOH regarding Personal Data, and RICOH’s intended use of such data. In case RICOH collects Personal Data in such a manner, you agree that RICOH can use Personal Data according to such purpose of collection and such intended use of data. RICOH is not entitled to use your personal information for direct marketing without your consent.
4. RICOH Site has a certain section at which RICOH requests you to register your Personal Data for the purpose of better serving you and which you can access and browse only by entering your ID number and password provided to you by RICOH when you registered your Personal Data. In case you register your Personal Data for your use of such section of RICOH Site, you agree that RICOH can use your Personal Data for the purpose of direct marketing.
5. RICOH appropriately maintains Personal Data, and never submits or discloses such data to any third parties without obtaining prior consent from you. These authorized third parties are not permitted to use your Personal Data for any other purposes other than those mentioned above. We will act consistently with this Policy and to use appropriate security measures to protect your Personal Data.
6. When submitting Personal Data to RICOH’s subsidiaries or partners with prior consent of you, RICOH requires RICOH’s subsidiaries or partners to maintain and protect the Personal Data appropriately and not to disclose this data without your prior consent.
7. RICOH may send out profitable information for you related to services or products to you by using e-mail. If you prefer not to receive such information, please contact RICOH via the contact information, and RICOH will stop sending out such information.
8. If you wish to inquire about or modify your own Personal Data, please contact RICOH via the contact information, and RICOH is ready to accept your request immediately.
9. If you do not wish to receive direct marketing promotional information from us with request to our products/services, or do not wish us to disclose, transfer or use your Personal Data for direct marketing purpose, please contact our Customer Service Hotline 2833 1111 or by post to the above address or by fax: 2833 1909 or by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
10. RICOH complies with applicable laws and regulations relating to Personal Data. To ensure such compliance, RICOH may periodically review and revise its policies regarding the handling of Personal Data.
11. RICOH keeps track of the IP address from which people visit and also measure visitor activity in RICOH Site. RICOH may use this data to analyze and statistics and to help us provide better customer service.
12. To better serve you, RICOH may collect the information regarding your session and activity by using techniques such as Cookie and WebBeacon. RICOH does not use such information to identify a particular user by combining it with other information.